[Case 109705] Failed to restore account

lldeepakll

May 20, 2012
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I am also facing the same issue in restoring accounts on server with cpanel 11.44. The backup has been taken from a server running with cpanel 11.36. I have used the command "/scripts/pkgacct username" to create backup of the account. I am facing this issue with multiple account. Is there any bug in cpanel 11.44.1 ? Please help

=================================================================
The account backup to restore is a file: /home/cpmove-username.tar.gz
cPanel restorepkg
Archive user: “stockdun”
Restricted: “no”
Allow Reseller Privileges: “no”
The system will attempt to restore the archive file “/home/cpmove-username.tar.gz”.
ArchiveManager
Preparing archive for restoration …
ArchiveManager
The archive is missing cpuser data.
Skipped: Removed non-file, non-directory “/olddisk/cpanelpkgrestore.TMP.work._mJkiDPhZjW2dk2E/unsafe_to_read_archive/contents/cpmove-stockdun/homedir/www” at Find:_find_dir:360
=========================================================================

Thanks

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I have moved this post into it's own thread. Are you able to manually extract the archive and review the contents of the files within it's home directory?

Thank you.

lldeepakll

May 20, 2012
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :)

I have moved this post into it's own thread. Are you able to manually extract the archive and review the contents of the files within it's home directory?

Thank you.
Hi,

Sorry for delay in reply. Yes I was able to manually extract the archive and can view all the files/directories in it. I opened a support ticket for this issue and here is the reply from cpanel support with solution:

==================================================================
It appears this restore process is hitting a known issue we have. The issue, appears to be resolved simply by untarring the cpmove file manually and then tarring it back up:

tar zxvf cpmove-username.tar.gz
tar czvf cpmove-username.tar.gz cpmove-username/

Then using /scripts/restorepkg username I am able to restore the account without an issue.I've attached the internal case 109705 to the ticket however it does appear the issue has been fixed by our development team. Unfortunately I don't have ETA when the fix will be pushed out to the public, however you can keep an eye on the change logs we provide:

http://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/11.44+Change+Log

The current work around would be to untar and tar the cpmove files.
==================================================================

Thanks

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am happy to see the issue was addressed. Thank you for updating this thread with the outcome.