The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Case 44784] Italian locale not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marcochiesi, Mar 1, 2011.

1. marcochiesi

marcochiesi Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello everyone,
    I am currently running a fresh install of WHM 11.28.83 / VPS Optimized and I am experiencing problems with the cPanel Italian locale. Even selecting the italian language (either on the package configuration or from inside cPanel), the interface still appears in english. Other languages seem to work fine indeed, I tried with French and Spanish, so it looks like the problem affects only the italian version.

I also tried to download the XML locale and at first glance it looks ok, all the translations are there.

I had the exact same problem with my previous provider (running WHM 11.28.83 / Accelerated), so I believe this should be a cPanel general issue.

Additional info: the problem shows up only with x, x2, x3 skins, while RVSkin works correctly with italian. But I would prefer not to be forced to buy and use RVSkin.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Is there a way to troubleshoot the cause of this issue? I tried the method used in this thread but did not work.

Thank you.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Actually, the locale does have some translations, but many are missing keys for the various entries in cPanel. We have an internal case #44784 about the issue for a few of the translations being incomplete. For example, if you check the size of the italian.xml file versus the other translations like English or Spanish, you'll see a huge difference in the file size. This is because of so many of the key words missing in it.

A good example to see that the translations are there for the terms that are actually in the file is the next button does appear in Italian (Indietro) and cPanel > Simple DNS Zone Editor has "Aggiungi il record CNAME" for "Add CNAME Record"

If you want a more translated file, you would be able to take the english one and translate it into Italian to have all the key terms, since the Italian one is missing about 95% or more of the keys.

Thanks.

3. marcochiesi

marcochiesi Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Thank you for the advice!
    Now I am translating the most needed texts using the Live translation editor (very handy), but it's a huge work to translate everything.
    Is there a way to import translations from RVSkin?
    Is there a way to contribute these translation so that they will be included in future cPanel releases?

By the way, I have another problem when I try to delete a Locale that I created in my experiments (duplicating the existing italian locale).
    When I try to delete it I receive the following error(s) and it does not get deleted.

Undefined subroutine &Cpanel::SafeDir::safermdir called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr9 line 474.
    main::__ANON__('/var/cpanel/locale/3rdparty/conf/i_it') called at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/templates/delete_locale.tmpl line 11
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/templates/delete_locale.tmpl line 24
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/templates/delete_locale.tmpl line 34
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/templates/delete_locale.tmpl line 7
    Template::Document::__ANON__('Template::Context=HASH(0x149ce380)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Document.pm line 151
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Document.pm line 149
    Template::Document::process('Template::Document=HASH(0x149cf450)', 'Template::Context=HASH(0x149ce380)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Context.pm line 347
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Context.pm line 321
    Template::Context::process('Template::Context=HASH(0x149ce380)', 'Template::Document=HASH(0x149cf450)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Service.pm line 94
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Service.pm line 91
    Template::Service::process('Template::Service=HASH(0x149d0a90)', 'delete_locale.tmpl', 'HASH(0x149d2c40)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template.pm line 66
    Template::process('Template=HASH(0x149ce0c0)', 'delete_locale.tmpl', 'HASH(0x149d2c40)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template.pm line 268
    Cpanel::Template::process_template('whostmgr', 'HASH(0x149d2c40)', 'HASH(0x14cede40)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template/Interactive.pm line 50
    Cpanel::Template::Interactive::process_template('whostmgr', 'HASH(0x149d2c40)') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr9 line 484
    main::delete_locale() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr9 line 177

undef error - Undefined subroutine &Cpanel::SafeDir::safermdir called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr9 line 474.

#3 marcochiesi, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  4. cPBrianW

cPBrianW Sysadmin
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What is your cPanel & WHM version number?

If you want to contribute your translations, you should either contact sales, or open a support ticket when you are ready to contribute.

6. phlex

phlex Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner