The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Case 44894] cPanel 11.28.5 cpbackup log: MySQL DB backup sizes shown as zero

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rsuplido, Oct 27, 2010.

1. rsuplido

rsuplido Registered

I've just installed 11.28.5 (from 11.26) and it just emailed to me my backup log. I'm puzzled why it didn't backup the account databases.

Here's the MySQL part of both logs.

On 11.26, you can clearly see that it backs-up all databases of the account:
    Code:
    Grabbing mysql dbs.............tabtalk_test .........tabtalk_bbdb ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................horde.turba_objects horde.horde_prefs horde.kronolith_events horde.kronolith_storage horde.mnemo_memos horde.nag_tasks ..................Done
    Grabbing mysql privs...Done
    Here's how it looks on 11.28.5:
    Code:
    Determining mysql dbs...Saving mysql privs...Done
    ...mysql version: 5.0......mysqldump version: 5.0......Done
    Storing mysql dbs...horde.turba_objects(0 bytes) horde.horde_prefs(0 bytes) horde.kronolith_events(0 bytes) horde.kronolith_storage(0 bytes) horde.mnemo_memos(0 bytes) horde.nag_tasks(0 bytes) ...Done
    Note that the generated SQL files prove that it didn't backup the account's databases (see dates):
    Code:
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root      12670 Oct 27 01:02 horde.sql
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root         40 Oct 27 01:02 roundcube.sql
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2329187357 Oct 26 01:16 tabtalk_bbdb.sql
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    8399234 Oct 26 01:13 tabtalk_test.sql
    Attached is a screen cap of my backup settings. The only thing different that I changed on the settings is check the new 'EXPERIMENTAL: Enable use of optimized account backup tool' option.

What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Did the contents of either database change since the last backup was generated? To the best of my knowledge, when using the incremental option in the backup configuration of cPanel 11.28, a database backup will be generated only if the database has changed since the last backup was generated.

3. alex318

alex318 Member

I am also having the same problem on my cpanel box as well. Database was not backup and I never turn on incremental backup option. I would like to know if there is any solution for this as soon as possible.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Do you also have the 'EXPERIMENTAL' features enabled?

5. nicklas

nicklas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When you look actually inside the backup file going to the mysql folder were the databases are stored they show to be there with correct size ad content.
    You need to check this of course ;-)

Seems that the 0 bytes for each mysql is just not correct, buggy?

6. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Does the user being backed up actually have any horde data? It is only going to backup part of the horde database, and if there is no data for the user it is backing up it will be 0 bytes.

7. nicklas

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, all databases have data, but this is what it shows in the backuplog (email)
    I have of course change username and some db names for privicay!

Storing mysql dbs...user_drupal(0 bytes) user_joomla(0 bytes) user_jo151(0 bytes) user_joomtes(0 bytes) horde.turba_objects(0 bytes) horde.horde_prefs(0 bytes) horde.kronolith_events(0 bytes) horde.kronolith_storage(0 bytes) horde.mnemo_memos(0 bytes) horde.nag_tasks(0 bytes) roundcube.users,roundcube.messages,roundcube.identities,roundcube.contacts(0 bytes) ...Done

8. alex318

alex318 Member

I didn't enable the 'EXPERIMENTAL' features.

Just updated Cpanel to WHM 11.28.45 and the problem still there. :(

9. nicklas

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Again, ALL databases show (0 bytes) but looking in the backup file all data is there, so it seems a small bug in displaying the db size rather then NOT backing up the databases, so please check this out yourself!

10. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Thank you for the additional detail and clarification. The described issue, that of not displaying the correct size of an SQL backup, has been assigned internal case number 44894; a fix is now queued for further review and Quality Assurance testing. Upon confirmation of resolution or version availability we will update this thread to ensure everyone is equally informed of the latest status. For tracking purposes, the case number may be referenced in an upcoming change log entry via the following resource: cPanel & WHM Change Logs

11. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This issue is resolved in cPanel & WHM version 11.28.51.