Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

[Case 45004] can't upload brand theme

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Funkadelic, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Funkadelic

Funkadelic Well-Known Member

I edited a theme and downloaded it. Then I tried to upload it to another server and it says upload successful but then it is followed by this "The branding package: could not be created!" and it seems the brand I simply just downloaded after editing it through the brand editor is not able to upload successfully to other servers. Any idea why?

2. Funkadelic

This is the exact error:

x3.cpbranding.tar.gz (x3.cpbranding.tar.gz): upload succeeded.
    The branding package: could not be created!

3. Funkadelic

And yet another update...

1 Download/Uploading x3 theme in WHM Theme Manager

I figured I might just download the entire x3 theme file and upload that to a new server, however when I try to upload it I get this error: Checking Theme integrity......Sorry.. that's not a cPanel theme tarball (logout.html is missing)!

Oddly enough I downloaded an exact copy of x3 (un-modified) on another server and tried to upload it and I get the same error, this seems like it is a cPanel bug if it gives you an error when you try to upload an exact copy of the x3 theme.

2. Copying /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/ Folder and Uploading x3 Folder manually

Then I figured, I might as well just download the x3/ folder via sftp but that is another no, I get some error about not being able to read local file which I believe would probably be a ownership issue, even though I am logged in as root. I don't want to touch the ownership of the files due to fear that could mess something up even more.

Short of re-doing all the style changes I made manually I have exhausted all other options.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

We have an internal case opened about the issue for the "Sorry.. that's not a cPanel theme tarball (logout.html is missing)!" error message. I've tagged this thread to that case, which is #45004

To get the theme working using that first method where you received that specific error, try the following first:

Code:
    touch /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/logout.html
    Then try to download the existing x3 theme and upload it to the new server at that point.

If that does not work, please open up a ticket about this issue. Additionally, you might want to open a ticket regardless to report this case as still happening on your machines so we can flag it to the case number. You can open up a ticket using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or via the link in my signature.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...