The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Case 45004] x3 cpanel theme disappeared!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by myBox, Apr 13, 2010.

1. myBox

myBox Active Member

now when anyone logs in to cpanel or webmail the x3 themes not there

I chacked WHM and as if they were deleted.

I did not delete them but the only thing is run /scripts/upcp

I tried to get the theme from other servers we have and upload the server missing it, I get this error:

cPanel Theme Installer
    Checking Theme integrity......Sorry.. thats not a cPanel theme tarball (logout.html is missing)!

even though the logout.html file is in the tarball and I double checked.

any help is appreciated.

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Does the theme directory exist?

Does the X3 theme directory exist? It would be in /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3. The following command should show you a directory listing very similar to the following:

Code:
    root@seagull [~]# ls /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3
    ./                  cpanelpro/                   files/                   langcss/            perlmodules.html   stdbheader.html
    ../                 .cpanelsync                  fp/                      locale_css/         php/               style/
    2.html              .cpanelsync.md5s             ftp/                     login.html          pngbehavior.htc    subdomain/
    acart/              .cpanelsync.new              getstarted/              logmanager/         preview.jpg        switchaccount.html
    addon/              cron/                        gpg/                     logout.html         psql/              switchtheme.html
    addoncgi/           css/                         help/                    mail/               raw/               telnet/
    autodir/            css2/                        help.html                mainicons/          refresh.html       templates/
    backup/             css2-min/                    hidegraphics.html        mime/               resellers/         test.cpphp@
    bin/                denyip/                      hideicons.html           mimeicons/          ror/               test.live.php
    blackberry/         diskusage/                   htaccess/                modder2.pl          scripts/           test.php
    branding/           dynamicui/                   images/                  modder.pl           security/          test.phpcp@
    branding.conf       dynamicui.conf               img/                     module_installers/  setlang/           trademarks.html
    build/              editarea/                    index.html               net/                shortcuts/         tutorial.html
    cart/               err/                         indexmanager/            nvget.xml           showgraphics.html  video_tutorial_include.html
    cgi/                expander/                    interchange.html         nvsetall.xml        showicons.html     webdav/
    charset.html        extended_statsbar.html       interface_elements/      nvset.xml           sql/               webmaillogin.html
    chat/               extended_stats_disable.html  interface_settings.html  old_link.html       ssl/               Xver
    cjt/                extended_stats_enable.html   js/                      optimize/           stat.html          yui@
    clamavconnector/    fantastico@                  js2/                     park/               statmanager/       zoneedit/
    contact/            favicon.ico                  js2-min/                 passbar/            stats/
    cpanelplugins.conf  filemanager/                 lang/                    passwd/             status.html
    If the x3 directory does not exist, or the directory listing does not look like my example, you can download and extract the entire theme from our update server. The following commands would do this for you:

Code:
    # mv /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3 /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3.bak
    # cd /root
    # wget http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/cpanelsync/RELEASE/x3.tar.bz2
    # cd /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend
    # tar jxvf /root/x3.tar.bz2
    If you are not using the RELEASE build, substitute STABLE, CURRENT or EDGE for RELEASE in the wget command in my example code.

If downloading the theme from our update server and extracting it does not resolve the problem, I would be happy to look at your server for you if you submit a ticket.

3. mtbwacko

mtbwacko Well-Known Member

Re: Does the theme directory exist?

This does seem to be a new issue. i have always exported my theme from one of my other servers, then imported into new servers using the Theme manager. Today, for the first time I am getting the same error: "Sorry.. that's not a cPanel theme tarball (logout.html is missing)"

There is obviously something different here. I really need to get our theme installed. and I KNOW is has logout.html in it!

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello mtbwacko,

We have an open bug report about this issue (case #45004). If you do the following if the style is part of the x3 theme:

Code:
    touch /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/logout.html
    It should possibly correct the issue. Otherwise, if this is a custom theme name instead, you'd need to do:

Code:
    touch /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/themename/logout.html
    Where themename is the name of the custom theme.

Also, would you be able to provide your current cPanel version?

Code:
    cat /usr/local/cpanel/version
    Thanks.