The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Case 45763] Branding Manager - Default Style for New Accounts not working

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by SNET1, Jan 12, 2011.

1. SNET1

SNET1 Member

cPanel Version: 11.28.64 RELEASE (VPS Optimised)

Hello everyone....I'm doing all the below as root.

Under Branding Editor > x3 > I have two themes enabled 'root' and 'custom'

I would like the 'custom' theme to be used server wide, for both existing and new accounts.

Under 'custom' I select, "Apply to my account", "Apply to all accounts" and "Set Default for New Accounts"

Problem is, when a new account is created, it still uses the 'root' style and when visiting an existing account, its also still using the 'root' style.

It might just be me, but under FireFox 3.6.13, when clicking the buttons, lets say "Set Default for New Accounts" for example, when clicked a window appears, confirming you want to apply the style to resellers you then can tick or leave the box blank (I have tried both, makes no difference) you then click 'submit' - when clicking submit, the window closes, but absolutely nothing happens, I would expect to see the page refresh, and/or get some sort of confirmation, like it does when I click "Apply to my account"

Branding manager reports this:
    It should be like this, surely:
    Update:
    The only way around this at the moment appears to be to follow these steps:
    • Edit the users feature list and enable 'Style Manager'
    • Use the style manager to set your custom style
    • Log off the users cPanel
    • Return to WHM
    • Edit the feature list to disable 'Style Manager'
    • That user should now be forced to use the custom theme

#1 SNET1, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. mediamusic

mediamusic Member

Did you solve this problem... and if you did can you please respond with a solution?
    (I'm having the same problem.)

Thanks.

3. SNET1

SNET1 Member

Unfortunately not, I'm still trying various settings, but frustratingly nothing seems to work - I'm beginning to think this may be a unreported bug, hopefully a member of the cPanel team will update this thread shortly.

I have updated my post above with a manual workaround to this, although it would have to be done with each existing and new account, which is a bit of a pain if you have many users.

#3 SNET1, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  4. SNET1

SNET1 Member

After messing about with various settings for about 3 hours I'm going to give up, hopefully a member of the cPanel team can help....

5. mediamusic

mediamusic Member

SNET1 thank you for your reply and update!

CPanel people do you confirm that this functionality is unavailable? if this is correct than you have a BIG problem with your app. What is the purpose of "branding" if you can't put the custom branding to be a default/root?
    We are paying extra $10 month for the WHM/CPanel and have to do this every time manually?

6. opendoorhosting

opendoorhosting Registered

I have the same issue of the OP since installing cpanel yesterday.

7. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Please submit a support request for this issue. If you already have a ticket submitted, please post your support ticket ID number so that we may follow-up internally.

If a bug is suspected please note that the best avenue to report it is via our ticket system; using this method helps to ensure greater efficiency, accuracy in diagnosis, a full and in-depth investigation and faster resolution. For reference, detailed bug reports can be submitted directly using the following link: Submit a Bug Report

8. SNET1

SNET1 Member

Bug Report Filed: Number 1150922

I will update the thread when I find out anything. Seems this is definitely some sort of bug, two people have reported it now.

9. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Thank you for the ticket submission. I have updated the thread title with the internal case number being used to track the issue, that of Case 45763. The case number can be referenced in future support tickets or used to verify when the issue is fixed in an upcoming version by referring to our official Change Logs.

10. SNET1

SNET1 Member

Just to update those who do not have access to the bug report: The Technical Analyst has been able to reproduce this bug on both RELEASE and EDGE Builds, I have also experienced it on STABLE and CURRENT, so it seems to effect the entire range of builds.

11. ouwejan

ouwejan Member

What we did to force the user to use our (custom) style is overwriting the root style.

12. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Anyone who has not opened a ticket on this issue and would like updates to the case that is being impacted by this case, please open a ticket and post the ticket number here. Right now, the case is still under review with UI Development.

13. mediamusic

mediamusic Member

My ticket number: 1160177

Thanks.

14. mediamusic

mediamusic Member

Here is the reply I've got form the Cpanel:

"Our developers are reverting a change that was made, which will resolve this issue. When they have published the fix, the internal case # 45763 will appear in our Change Logs.

If you do a cPanel update that should pick up this change, once it is published.

/scripts/upcp --force

I cannot promise a time when this change will be released, but the developers are actively working on it.
    "

Will keep you posted!

15. coasterz

coasterz Registered

How did you overwrite the [root] style ?

I have deleted every single theme and style from my server aside from the one I working on.

Under branding I still see [root] and custom [root] is disabled however it is still being used by any new accounts.

I tried the force update as mentioned a little later in the thread, however that had no effect at all.

16. mediamusic

mediamusic Member

This is the bug in WHM/CPanel app so you will have to wait until Cpanell ppl fix the bug.
    If you want to know when is it going to be fixed....you should monitor the
    "http://go.cpanel.net/changelog" for case 45763.

Here is the answer I got from support recently regrading the case/bug:

"we are not able to give a timeline on resolution of cases as we don't know when they'll be done. There may be multiple levels of testing, developer interaction and waiting on additional information from people that we cannot predict or put a timeline on.

The only reliable way to know when a particular case has been resolved is to look at the changelog that's published at Change Logs or from the "Change Log" link in your WHM control panel. Our website has an RSS feed that you can use to monitor for the case number, which is 45763, but outside of that, there's no automated way for us to notify you of case resolution.

If it's more convenient for you, you can ask our support whether or not this case has been resolved, but all we'll be able to do is check the changelog and depending on what information is visible to us, update you on the status of the case (we don't necessarily see all that goes on in cases).
    "

17. mediamusic

mediamusic Member

Guys, are problem has been solved!
    Case: 45763
    (build 11.28.75)

I've tested it today for: "normal" and reseller packages and IT WORKS!

NOTE:
    1. Don't forget to set:Apply to All Accounts (I did ..)
    and
    2. "Set Default for All Accounts", click on that then there is a checkbox on a new window click on "Apply to all Reseller's Accounts " if you want it to be applied for the resellers too.

Cheers!