Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

[case 47563] Courier auth error: socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by alepaes, Feb 28, 2011.

1. alepaes

alepaes Member

Today, my use can't authenticate in any form:

2011-02-28 09:51:52 courier_plain authenticator failed for localhost (xxx.xxx.xxx) [127.0.0.1]: 435 Unable to authenticate at present (set_id=email@xxx): socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition
    2011-02-28 09:51:53 courier_login authenticator failed for localhost (xxx.xxx.xxx) [127.0.0.1]: 435 Unable to authenticate at present (set_id=email@xxx): socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition
    2011-02-28 09:57:40 courier_login authenticator failed for localhost (xxx.xxx.xxx) [127.0.0.1]: 435 Unable to authenticate at present: socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition
    2011-02-28 09:57:40 courier_login authenticator failed for localhost (xxx.xxx.xxx) [127.0.0.1]: 435 Unable to
    authenticate at present: socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition

ls -al /var/spool/authdaemon/
    total 16
    drwxr-x--- 2 daemon mail 4096 Feb 28 09:57 ./
    drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4096 Dec 11 01:22 ../
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6 Feb 28 09:57 pid
    -rw------- 1 root root 0 Feb 28 09:57 pid.lock
    srwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 28 09:57 socket=

I try eximup --force and courierup --force, without success.

Can anyone help me ?

(support ticket: 1251661)

2. alepaes

alepaes Member

Courier and SMTP login error: socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition

2011-02-28 09:51:52 courier_plain authenticator failed for localhost (server) [127.0.0.1]: 435 Unable to authenticate at present (set_id=gerenciavendas@domain): socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition
    2011-02-28 09:51:53 courier_login authenticator failed for localhost (server) [127.0.0.1]: 435 Unable to authenticate at present (set_id=joseroberto@domain): socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition

Ticket # 1251661

100+ domains without authentication :(

3. alepaes

alepaes Member

re: [case 47563] Courier auth error: socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition

Hi... I think I found the problem:

In WHM -> Mailserver configuration -> Number of Authentication Daemons from 10 to 50.

Apparently, this solve the auth problems.

Best regards!

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please see the following post:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/case-47563-advisory-exim-courier-imap-authentication-issue-feb-22-2011-a-194851.html

On the servers that we have seen, raising the number of authentication daemons helps for a while, but is not a complete solution.

Our developers are working to find the best solution to this problem and we will update the forum thread I mentioned above when a solution is found. As a temporary workaround, you can switch to Dovecot using Main >> Service Configuration >> Mailserver Selection.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leorevenda

leorevenda Active Member
    PartnerNOC

re: [case 47563] Courier auth error: socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition

After change to Dovecot, probably SMTP goes to have problems on AUTH, if ocouring this, type this comands:

cd /var/cpanel/serviceauth/
    rm -rf exim

/etc/rc.d/init.d/cpanel restart
    service exim restart
    /scripts/restartsrv_dovecot

6. cPanelJared

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In the cases we have seen, the steps you mentioned are not necessary. Simply changing from Courier-IMAP to Dovecot caused mail authentication to work again. We are still actively investigating the cause of this issue, and we will update the forum thread I mentioned in my previous post in this thread when a resolution is found.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leorevenda

leorevenda Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

I my case smtp block all authentications after goes to dovecot.. cpanel techs not fix problem, and running this commands I have sucessufll fix a problem this morning. I have big problem with this courier bug.

8. cPanelJared

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  9. cPanelJared

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator