The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Case 51100] scripts/recoverymgmt missing ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by InterServed, Jun 18, 2011.

1. InterServed

InterServed Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

I've just checked the root crons today on a cPanel server (cloudlinux) WHM 11.30.0 (build 32) and i noticed a new cron entry that points to a file that doesn't even exist:
    Code:
    15 */6 * * * /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/recoverymgmt >/dev/null 2>&1

root@server [~]# ls /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/recoverymgmt
    /bin/ls: /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/recoverymgmt: No such file or directory

Is there a point/reason of this cron/file ? I tried a forced upcp but that doesn't seem to get the missing file.

Regards.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I am seeing the same behavior on my machine using 11.30.0.32 where it has the same cron in /var/spool/cron/root location:

Code:
    15 */6 * * * /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/recoverymgmt >/dev/null 2>&1
    This script does not exist on 11.30 but does appear to have been put into 11.31/11.32 that isn't yet released into EDGE. I am going to make an inquiry into why this is in the current 11.30 crontab.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

3. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Actually, I just upgraded a machine from 11.28.83 to 11.30.0.32 and that newly upgraded machine does not show this crontab entry. It would appear that it was removed from the crontab at some point likely due to the fact it isn't supposed to be in 11.30 at this time. The cases where this script was discussed for reference would be 45265 and 49620. At this point, I would say to simply remove the entry. It should not be re-added on upcp due to the fact that my machine didn't show that happening on the upgrade.

4. InterServed

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thank you , manually deleted that cron.

5. InterServed

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Just wanted to inform that today I've installed cPanel on a fresh server (using the latest cPanel install script) and that cron job is still being delivered by cPanel installation process.

6. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you confirm the version that was installed at the time? Also, can you confirm that the server does use the cPanel installation script without any added files or scripts on the machine (since some admins add their own special components or use images for the install)? I simply would like the information prior to running an installation to see the results. I only tested an 11.28 to 11.30 upgrade rather than an 11.30 install.

7. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A case has been submitted (51100) about this cron job line being placed onto new cPanel installations. It does not occur for cPanel updates from 11.28 to 11.30, but it does appear to happen on new cPanel installations on 11.30. Since the script does not exist on 11.30 (it will instead likely exist on 11.31/11.32 instead), the cronjob line does not function on 11.30. For anyone impacted by this case, the cron job line can simply be removed. Since only the installation script appears to be adding it, removing it will not cause the cronjob line to return on /scripts/upcp or /scripts/upcp --force