The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Case 63193] File manager not showing files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by malloc, Mar 27, 2013.

1. malloc

malloc Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I have just deployed a server with cPanel installed. Everything is fine. I create a new cPanel account, and upload a website to it via FTP.

However, now when I go to view the files in cpanel's file manager, none of the files show up. Legacy manager just says 'fetching data'. I've had this issue before, but forgot how to resolve it. All files are there, the website loads, everything works. Just the file manager does not show the files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Why are you using Legacy manager ? does the "normal" files manager display the files?

3. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The Legacy File Manager is, as the name implies, legacy and no longer actively developed.

If this problem also happens using the non-legacy File Manager, try removing SYSTEMMIME from the account's .cpanel/datastore directory. Do not remove or change anything else, only SYSTEMMIME. The file will rebuilt automatically as needed.

There is a problem that causes a race condition and an out-of-memory error if this file is corrupt, which ultimately causes the behavior you are seeing.

This will be fixed in a future version of cPanel and announced as case 63193 in our changelog when it is fixed in a public build.

4. Will.0

Will.0 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Jared,

Would changing xsrftokens=1 to xsrftokens=0 in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config, and running /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2 --updatetweaksettings correct this, just as a temp fix until the update?

5. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No. Security tokens have nothing to do with the problem I described.