The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Case 70149] Transfer from Ensim Problem

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by Legin76, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Legin76

Legin76 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to copy a couple of sites using the "Copy Multiple Accounts/Packages From Another Server" function. Something I've done many times before without issue.

I'm finally trying to transfer the rest of the sites from ensim but am now getting the error below.. I've tried both using a key and entering the root password for the other server but get the same results.

It's able to get the list of packages and accounts but then fails on the actual transfer. I've tried several times with different settings.

See below for the results.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The failure stems from this error:

It looks like it's using the MySQL version as the parent directory name. I have not seen a case like that in the past. Could you open a support ticket so we can access the source server and take a closer look? You can open a ticket via:

Submit A Ticket

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. Legin76

Legin76 Well-Known Member

Thanks

The ticket number is 4226989.

4. JeffP.

JeffP. Well-Known Member

I've opened internal case ID # 70149 for our developers to address this issue. This problem only appears to occur when copying accounts via the user interface (i.e. WHM). When copying an account manually, the issue does not occur. Information on copying accounts manually can be found here:

https://forums.cpanel.net/f338/how-manually-migrate-plesk-ensim-directadmin-305091.html

Alternatively, the $tarroot variable in main.pl from the migrations scripts can be modified to use the default of "/home", or any other partition of your choice (provided that it has sufficient space to archive the accounts). If anyone would like more information on this, just let us know and we can go into further detail.

Thanks again to Legin76 for bringing this issue to our attention.

5. glucz

glucz Member

I'd like to point out that cPanel is a paid product and not a cheap one at that, so I would not expect a bug to show up in the latest version that was reported last month... I assume that it would be a 5 minutes fix to get the command line parameters into proper order?

The proposed fix to migrate accounts manually contains just enough errors to make it unusable (wrong name and location of the packager script) for the less technically apt.

... but now that I started writing, please add the following issues to fix in either the packager or import script:
    -Ensim sub-domains cause the packager to package the whole /var/www/html for each sub-domain
    -Mailbox (IMAP) subdirectories are not being converted to maildir, only the root directory. (in fact the whole mailbox2maildir converter file was missing from the cPanel release for months. It might still be missing as far as I know)

6. JeffP.

JeffP. Well-Known Member

It is not clear what is being referred to. I am able to download the Ensim migrations script using this command without issue:

Code:
    # wget http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/cpanelsync/transfers_DEVEL/pkgacct/pkgacct-enXim
    That's the command from the "How to manually migrate from Plesk, Ensim, or DirectAdmin" thread, which I speculate is what is being referred to.

7. glucz

glucz Member

8. JeffP.

JeffP. Well-Known Member

Thanks. This has been fixed.