The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Case 72005] Install cPAddons Site Software Wordpress 3.5.1 update to 3.5.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ITGabs, Jul 30, 2013.

1. ITGabs

ITGabs Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here, I am testing the Site Software options from WHM for Wordpress and for weeks or months I see that wherever update that I am doing into the server or those options, this app still is in the version 3.5.1

I guess updating a Wordpress in CPanel must be a high priority since 17% of the webpages in the world are Wordpress and there are a lot of hot issues related to old versions.

How can I manually update the wordpress cPAddons from "Install cPAddons Site Software" into WHM?

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There is an internal case open to update the WordPress cPAddon to version 3.5.2. For reference, the case number is 72005. It's scheduled for inclusion with cPanel in the near future, however there is no specific time frame available at this time. You can follow the change log to see when it's released:

cPanel - Change Log

You are welcome to manually update the WordPress installation through it's administrative interface, but keep in mind that will make it unmanaged as a cPAddon.

Thank you.

3. ITGabs

ITGabs Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks Michael,

There is another possibility than just wait or update each WordPress site one by one "make it unmanaged as a cPAddon"

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Those are the two options at this time. It's difficult to provide an exact time frame, but it looks like WordPress 3.5.2 will be included as a cPAddon around the same time cPanel version 11.38.2 is released.

Thank you.

5. ITGabs

ITGabs Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    BTW On August 1, 2013, WordPress Version 3.6, named for Oscar Peterson, was released to the public.

Still i am interested to know how cPAddons Site manage the site updates and if I can to update the core wordpress in the server

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is no supported method of manually modifying the WordPress cPAddon file structure. You have to wait until a newer version is pushed out by cPanel, or manually upgrade the WordPress installations which will make them unmanaged as a cPAddon.

Thank you.

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The WordPress cPAddon has now been updated to version 3.5.2. You can enable the "Force Refresh of All cPAddons Site Software Sources" option in "WHM Home » cPanel » Install cPAddons Site Software" and click on "Update Addon Config" if you want the newer version available before your next automatic cPanel update.

Thank you.