[Case 86561] CGIEMAIL error

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Our server is having the same problem. I did the chmod 4755 /usr/local/cpanel/bin/sendmail to fix it and it reverted back after the last update. I will open a ticket. #5634511
Feel free to reply to the support ticket response and let us know if it's okay to proceed.

Thank you.

Skimice

Registered
Apr 28, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
We are also experiencing the same issue, after I run the permission fix it stays that way for a couple of days and then automatically gets reverted back and no longer works.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
We are also experiencing the same issue, after I run the permission fix it stays that way for a couple of days and then automatically gets reverted back and no longer works.
The previous poster did not follow up with their support ticket. Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am experiencing this on an up to date server with Cloudlinux but not CageFS. All permissions are set as they should be (0755). Any advice?
Please open a support ticket and post the ticket number here so we can take a closer look and update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Peoplespaces

Oct 1, 2001
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This ticket was opened by the NOC.

The result was that it was determined that the account in question was recently copied from a 32 bit server to the current server which is 64 bit. The cgiemail script from the 32 bit server is not compatible with the 64 bit server. Once the proper script was copied into the cgi folder on the account everything came back to life.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.