Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[case CPANEL-9751] Phpmyadmin - PHP MySQL library version

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by linux.system25, Apr 11, 2017.

1. linux.system25

linux.system25 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a problem with the server

This message appears when you open phpmyadmin
    Code:
     Your PHP MySQL library version 5.1.73 differs from your MySQL server version 5.6.35. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

Warning in ./libraries/dbi/DBIMysqli.php#262
     mysqli_query(): (HY000/1018): Can't read dir of '.' (errno: 13 - Permission denied)

Backtrace

./libraries/dbi/DBIMysqli.php#262: mysqli_query(
    string 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ( SELECT DISTINCT SUBSTRING_INDEX(SCHEMA_NAME, \'_\', 1) DB_first_level FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SCHEMATA WHERE TRUE ) t ',
    integer 0,
    )
    ./libraries/DatabaseInterface.php#244: PMA\libraries\dbi\DBIMysqli->realQuery(
    string 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ( SELECT DISTINCT SUBSTRING_INDEX(SCHEMA_NAME, \'_\', 1) DB_first_level FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SCHEMATA WHERE TRUE ) t ',
    integer 1,
    )
    ./libraries/DatabaseInterface.php#1549: PMA\libraries\DatabaseInterface->tryQuery(
    NULL,
    integer 1,
    boolean false,
    )
    ./libraries/navigation/nodes/Node.php#618: PMA\libraries\DatabaseInterface->fetchValue(string 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ( SELECT DISTINCT SUBSTRING_INDEX(SCHEMA_NAME, \'_\', 1) DB_first_level FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SCHEMATA WHERE TRUE ) t ')
    ./libraries/navigation/NavigationTree.php#1352: PMA\libraries\navigation\nodes\Node->getPresence()
    ./libraries/navigation/NavigationTree.php#850: PMA\libraries\navigation\NavigationTree->_fastFilterHtml()
    ./libraries/navigation/Navigation.php#43: PMA\libraries\navigation\NavigationTree->renderState()
    ./libraries/Header.php#428: PMA\libraries\navigation\Navigation->getDisplay()
    ./libraries/Response.php#266: PMA\libraries\Header->getDisplay()
    ./libraries/Response.php#279: PMA\libraries\Response->_getDisplay()
    ./libraries/Response.php#443: PMA\libraries\Response->_htmlResponse()
    PMA\libraries\Response::response()

#1 linux.system25, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  2. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Please check if there is any error message while restarting the MySQL service.
    Restart MySQL service through command line.

3. Eminds

Eminds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Your PHP MySQL library version 5.1.73 differs from your MySQL server version 5.6.35

Check the versions of mysql libraries and compile the required modules

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Internal case CPANEL-9751 is open to address an issue where version 5.1 of the MySQL client library results in a warning message upon accessing phpMyAdmin in cPanel 64. I'll update this thread once we've published a resolution. In the meantime, you can safely ignore this warning message.

This looks like a separate error message. Could you review /var/lib/mysql and verify no rogue directories exist (e.g. directories unrelated to actual databases)?

Thank you.

5. Outlier

Outlier Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just want to let you know that I have the exact same issue. When I log into phpmyadmin, I see a message at the bottom saying: "Your PHP MySQL library version 5.1.73 differs from your MySQL server version 5.6.35. This may cause unpredictable behavior." I noticed this after I updated my cPanel version (from build 62 to 64) and I don't remember seeing this message before the update (it could've been there, if it was I didn't notice it). So far I don't notice any problems but this is concerning to me because this database is going to be filled with hundreds of products and product attributes and potentially years of customer data. I wouldn't want to see a corrupted database in the future which would instantly cripple the website. What should I do? Ignore the warning as some people have suggested?

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can safely ignore this warning message until a resolution (internal case CPANEL-9751) is published.

Thank you.

7. Serverkh

Serverkh Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi.
    i see this warning in phpmyadmin:

Your PHP MySQL library version 5.1.73 differs from your MySQL server version 5.6.35. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

How i can update PHP MySQL library?

when this problem happened, in wordpress log i see this:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

8. nhadsall

nhadsall Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have the same issue with phpmyadmin. No news yet on this?

9. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The warning message will no longer appear with the inclusion of phpMyAdmin 4.7 in cPanel version 66. There's no additional update to report on the removal of the warning message in cPanel 64 at this time, however I will update this thread as soon as more information is available. You can use the following command as a temporary workaround to hide the message in the meantime:

Code:
    echo "\$cfg['ServerLibraryDifference_DisableWarning']  = 'true';" >> /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php
    Thank you.

10. Outlier

Outlier Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When I log into cPanel, I see an option to update to version 64.0.20. If I update to that, will I still see the warning message? If so, should I just ignore this update and wait until I see the option to update to version 66?

11. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This case isn't fixed in cPanel 64.0.20, but you should still update to that build to receive resolutions for other issues. You can find the full cPanel 64 Change Log at:

64 Change Log - Change Logs - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

12. Outlier

Outlier Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Cosmetically, I don't mind if the message is displayed. I'm more concerned if there is actually a real problem that can cause unpredictable behavior of the database. Based on your workaround to hide the message, is this more of a cosmetic issue where that message text is showing up when it shouldn't or is this a deeper problem that truly can affect the behavior of the database?

13. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This should not result in any issues with your databases.

Thank you.