SOLVED [case EA-6287] EasyApache 4 UI fails to load with UTF-8 error - The subprocess error

Reado

Sep 8, 2009
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Same here, our firm has already received numerous blowback's on social and well as direct complaints by phone and trouble tickets.

I would this this would to be an immediate fix.
I'm surprised this has happened and there has been no rollback. cPanel has always had a reputation for taking the time to implement new features for quality reasons but in this case it looks like no testing has been done and no one has bothered to undo the change. I appreciate they may be working to fix it, but as a developer I would at the very least roll the change back and, while people can use the system as normal, work on a fix in the meantime. Don't understand why this hasn't happened? Some clarification would help please...

Reactions: NEMESISbyDesign

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
The fix for this has been tested and is now in the publication process. It will take a few hours to publish. Since Easyapache uses yum to manage packages, the process of rolling back or pushing new updates takes more time than the process for pulling cPanel updates.

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
The publication process is nearly completed. Most update servers now have the fixed ruby packages that will resolve this problem.

The system should automatically see the fixed packages with tonight's update. If waiting for the update is not an option, the UI can be restored sooner by clearing the yum cache.

To clear the cache and force yum to re-examine the repository, please run the following on the command line:

Code:
yum clean all

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony Merlin
Nov 17, 2007
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I can also confirm that this has resolved the issues and all systems are working as expected.

Now to send out the apology emails and accept responsibility for an unprecedented amount of downtime.

Special thanks to cPanel's Sky Bly for all the assistance provided in getting our datacenter back online yesterday.