The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Cases 45935, 46915] Can't modify custom stylesheet

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by ayayaaa, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ayayaaa

ayayaaa Member

Hello,

I've created a new branding and when I want to edit stylesheet the editor print "/unprotected/broken.css".
    It's impossible to save the stylesheets. It works fine when I edit a stylesheet which is already created (root branding for example).

Thanks for your replies.

Yannick

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Yannick,

I believe this might be related to our internal case #45935 where the logo is not saving for custom created styles. Is it specifically a new logo that is not saving? Also, would you be able to provide the error in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log when this happens to confirm it is the same issue?

Code:
    tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log
    It might look something like this if this is the same issue for which we have a case opened:

Code:
    [2011-01-07 01:34:08 +0300] warn [cpanel] Could not edit /var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanel/cpanelbranding/x3/stylename/ at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Branding.pm line 551
        Cpanel::Branding::api2_cssmerge('brandingpkg', 'stylename', 'css', '#cpanel #border-efx #heading-top-header-bg #heading-top-billboard #logo { top: 36px; left: 20px; }') called at (eval 5) line 1
        eval '$dataref = [Cpanel::Branding::api2_cssmerge(%{$rCFG})];' called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 84
        Cpanel::Api2::Exec::api2_exec('Branding', 'cssmerge', HASH(0x1f55b590), HASH(0x17dfb70)) called at cpanel line 606
        main::real_cpexectag('<?cp Branding::cssmerge([merge]%[/merge][file]%[/file],merge,file) css=$FORM{\'css\'},brandingpkg=$FORM{\'brandingpkg\'} ?>') called at cpanel line 3875
        main::dotag_finished_headers(0) called at cpanel line 3700
        main::cpanel_parseblock('<xml>\x0A    <?cp Branding::cssmerge([merge]%[/merge][file]%[/file],merge,file) css=$FORM{\'css\'},brandingpkg=$FORM{\'brandingpkg\'} ?>\x0A</xml>\x0A') called at cpanel line 3608
        main::cpanel_parse(GLOB(0x1f4ff5b0)) called at cpanel line 5117
        main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel line 423
    Thanks.

3. ayayaaa

ayayaaa Member

Hello,

Unfortunately I don't have found this error in my error_log.
    Do you have another idea?

Thanks a lot

Yannick

4. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Yannick,

Would you be able to open up a ticket with us? You can do that in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. If you could post the ticket number as a reference after opening it, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

5. ayayaaa

ayayaaa Member

Hello,
    The ticket number is 1204225.
    Thanks

6. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Thanks for opening a ticket. The issue you've described in ticket 1204225 is a different one and so a new case has been assigned of 46915 for it. Basically, the issue is that editing the style sheet in a new branding package results in a message about "unprotected/broken.css" and isn't working.

If you want to check on the status of the case, please let us know in the ticket in a couple of days or feel free to ask via the forum here.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

7. caminoz74

caminoz74 Member

Hi, I have the same issue... can you please let me know the outcome of this so I can edit the position of the logo!!

Thanks
    Cam

8. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Cases 45935 and 46915 are both still under investigation by our developers. I apologize, but at this time there is no estimate available for when any change will be pushed out into public builds. When these cases are addressed in public builds, it will be announced in our changelog:

Change Logs