The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catch all address bounces

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blinkiz, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Blinkiz

Blinkiz Member

Hi

Old server was getting DDoS attacks so it was shutdown and some got moved to a new one. Probably copied right of.

The Catch-All address has stopped to work.
    Let's say its cpanel username "cammer" and domain "mydomain.com"
    • POP3 and webmail access works to cammer
    • Mails sent directly to cammer@mydomain.com is recieved
    • Mails sent to myspamaddress@mydomain.com, getting bounce message "550-The recipient cannot be verified."
    • If I change the Catch-All address to a mailbox that I have created, message from myspamaddress@mydomain.com is recieved.
    • If I change back to the cpanel username cammer, the same bounce message is recieved again.
    The server is CentOS with latest stable cpanel build.

Please advice.

#1 Blinkiz, Sep 13, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  2. Blinkiz

Blinkiz Member

Any suggestions?

3. rs-freddo

rs-freddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There are two new options in exim config to do with verifying the sender. i don't know what they do but you might have success turning them off.

Unfortunately the whole Main email thingy with cPanel is a bit of a mess. With a whole lot of legacy stuff and new stuff all thrown in together. I've recently changed to not using the main email box for new clients as cPanel doesn't seem to actively support it anymore. Unfortunately there is no way to get rid of the links to webmail in the admin panel - which are useless and confusing if the account is not using the main email box. Bit of a hodgepodge and cpanel could spend a bit of time making it more intuitive.

#3 rs-freddo, Sep 19, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2005