Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catch-all email of wildcard subdomain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hassan777, Sep 19, 2017.

1. hassan777

hassan777 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I need your help to default email address to forward to catchall@domain.com. This means that any messages sent to an address that does not exist at domain.com will be forwarded to this email's inbox.
    I need to include any subdomains (wildcard) as well that a user attempts to send to that are not valid.
    e.g. anything@anything.domain.com

I found this post
    email to wildcard subdomains not working

And it's a great solution but it going to pipe to a program. what I need is to catch all emails and forward it to catchall@domain.com.

Thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can configure the behavior for messages sent to non-existent email accounts by using the "Default Address" option in cPanel. It's documented at:

Default Address - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

However, you can only configure this behavior for domain names and subdomains added to the account. If you wanted all unrouted email to that domain name forwarded elsewhere, you would add custom Exim configuration rules, like referenced on this third-party URL:

email to wildcard subdomains not working

Note this would require root access, and your access level only shows as "Website Owner".

Thank you.