The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catch-All not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by danzx6r, Mar 20, 2012.

1. danzx6r

danzx6r Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys,

I currently have 2 servers with SoftLayer due to being forced to migrate. Back to one server next week.

I migrated all my accounts on Sunday night and I have 1 user who's email is going to my main reseller email address.

This user simply uses the catch-all. I've tried to get her to stop but she had been doing it for so long that all her email lives in the mailbox and she uses webmail. So there was no chance of getting her to change... But it works for her, end of story.

Since Monday morning, I am receiving ALL of her email straight to my email address, nothing appears to be going to her catch-all and it is set to deliver to the username of the account.

Has anyone encountered this and know of a fix to get this sorted out? I can't make contact with her but if I don't fix it soon she's going to be one VERY unhappy camper.

Thanks,

Dan

#1 danzx6r, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. danzx6r

danzx6r Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Also another thing to add.

I set mail for catch-all to reject, testing and the rejection works perfectly.

Set back to Forward to your system account “helend” And mail delivery is straight my my email address.

I did an email trace via WHM and can see that the email goes to

virtual alias no star via etc/vailiases/customerdomain.com helen@customerdomain.com
    virtual alias via etc/vailiases/customerdomain.com helend@customerdomain.com
    virtual alias via etc/vailiases/mydomain.com daniel@mydomain.com.au

I checked the 2 files and they only refer to the applicable domains, so I can't see why the emails are being diverted to my own personal email address as the main reseller.

Dan

#2 danzx6r, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  3. danzx6r

danzx6r Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just worked out that any main account, exim is pushing the catch-all to the servers domain name.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please open up a ticket to WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature, since we would need the actual email address details to test routing and other components on the machine.

Of note, you can check routing behavior using the following in command line on the machine in question:

Code:
    exim -bt fakeemail@customerdomain.com
    This tests whether the default email account should receive the non-existing email address for that domain.