Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cause of "Could not determine the nameserver IP addresses for"

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by postcd, Aug 16, 2017.

1. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

There was numerous topic about this, but i am not allowed to update them.

So i am asking here. When i attempt to add an "Addon domain" in cPanel and receive error:

"Could not determine the nameserver IP addresses for" “domainhere.tld”. Please make sure that the domain is registered with a valid domain registrar."

this is rare case i receive such error

and i verified this particular domain is registered and has correct nameservers set (verified when doing whois), what else i can do to make cPanel accept the addon domain and not show the error mentioned in this forum topic title?

Mainly i would like to discover where exactly is the problem:

- domain registar
    - parent DNS server which is hosting nameservers records to which domain is pointing (CLoudflare? in this case)
    - cpanel hosting server to which the NS records pointing (is there any cache which TTL can be decreased?)

aim is to prevent this error to happen in future

thank you

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you verify if the "jwhois" RPM is installed on this server? You can check with a command like this:

Code:
    rpm -qa|grep jwhois
    If not, please install this package with the following command and let us know if the issue you encountered persists:

Code:
    yum install jwhois
    Thank you.