Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centos 7.4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BillyS, Sep 12, 2017.

1. BillyS

BillyS Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm currently running Centos 7.3 and I know 7.4 has been available since around August 24th. With my prior host, moving through the Centos 6 series was pretty seamless. (Which means I never paid attention to how it happened.) I'm on google cloud and was wondering if CPanel pushes this release to the server or I have to do something to make it happen. I'm not in a rush, just curious since it's been a couple of weeks now.

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Depending upon your configuration, you might need to execute "yum update" from the command line.

We don't "push" operating system updates to servers.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi @BillyS,

In addition to the previous response, note that CentOS has not yet released a stable version of 7.4. RHEL 7.4 was released on August 1st, 2017 and it generally takes a few weeks before the corresponding CentOS version is published. You can read more about how this works at:

CentOS Linux 7 (1708); based on RHEL 7.4 Source Code – Seven.CentOS.org

You can also follow the CentOS twitter page for updates (the most recent update I found showed 9/13/2017 as a potential release date).

Thank you.

4. BillyS

BillyS Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just became familiar with the centos repositories and realized it had only hit the CR repo. thanks for the quick response.

cPanelMichael likes this.