Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CentOS 7 CPU Load

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Birdman27, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Birdman27

Birdman27 Registered

Hello I recently did another install of CPanel and this time around used Cpanel 7.3 on a VPS with
    6 dedicated core. Everything seems to be running ok except this time around the server load is
    hanging around a 2.00 on the 1, 5 and 15 minute averages. This is with only my personal website and no activity. The load remains around 0.00 for about a day then raises to the 2.00 and seldom goes much above regardless of what I do. what appears to be using the CPU are the following things.
    Aug22 68:43 [kworker/2:1H]
    Aug22 20:15 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/MySQL
    Aug22 26:12 /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0/bin/java
    Sep06 11:56 /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/bin/perl -T -w /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/spamd --max-children=3

Those are the highest usage (lines cut short).
    I am wondering if this is normal on Centos 7? I realize some changes took place from 6 to 7 and perhaps this is better asked on a Centos forum but is this something to be concerned about? On Centos 6 I usually rested at 0.00 for loads.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

That load average you referenced isn't necessarily high, but the following thread offers some information you may find helpful to determine how your system is performing (e.g. disk I/O usage):

Troubleshooting high server loads on Linux servers

Thank you.