Joboyo

Registered
Oct 8, 2020
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This was discussed the other day as @ffeingol mentioned, a preview for v92 and full support for v94 is the plan, so yes you should be able to install either CloudLinux or CentOS 8 with cPanel for preproduction starting in v92.
Thanks for the info, @cPanelLauren! Do you know if there is any sort of date for V92? currently looking to migrate to fresh installs but not sure whether to hold out for V92 with CloudLinux/CentOS 8 compatibility.

cPSamuelM

Technical Analyst Team Lead
Staff member
Nov 20, 2019
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @Joboyo

We do not have a set date on the release of version 92, however you can monitor the Announcements subforum where all major version updates are announced.

Overkill

Registered
Oct 12, 2020
San Diego
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @Joboyo

We do not have a set date on the release of version 92, however you can monitor the Announcements subforum where all major version updates are announced.
This is extremely disappointing; I am in a similar position as @Joboyo, except our client is hosted in Azure. Because Azure no longer offers CentOS 7 as a base image, we need to import the base image and run the server on a managed disk, which drives the recurring costs up. We are in a pretty dire predicament because we have a strong need to deploy new infrastructure for this client and are faced with a series of unnecessary challenges that would all be easily resolved with support for CentOS 8.

I think I speak for a lot of sysadmins, MSPs, and consultants when I say we need you to do better than this. Soon™ has been the timeline for too long; it's starting to feel like we should be expecting an announcement that Valve or Activision has purchased cPanel. PLEASE deliver on CentOS 8 support.

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Thanks for the info, @cPanelLauren! Do you know if there is any sort of date for V92? currently looking to migrate to fresh installs but not sure whether to hold out for V92 with CloudLinux/CentOS 8 compatibility.
v92 of cPanel & WHM is now in EDGE. The EDGE tier is not normally recommended for production servers though.

vacancy

Sep 20, 2012
Turkey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've been testing it for 24 hours. Some impressions of me.

+ Easyapache 4; php 5.4 - 5.5 - 5.6 - 7.0 - 7.1 no support
+ Default database server mysql 8 and no migration to Mariadb.
+ Apache crashes when you install the mod_brotli