The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Certificate domain mismatch errors on apache startup

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by santrix, Aug 1, 2011.

1. santrix

santrix Well-Known Member

I noticed this today when installing an SSl for a client... and then ran

# /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/ssl_crt_status

to find a bunch of messages like this

info [ssl_crt_status] Certificate domain mismatch, info requested for somedomain.co.uk, results for domain www.somedomain.co.uk

Is this simply because the CN for the SSL is www.somedomain.co.uk (we always purchase SSLs as www. as globalsign provide the naked domain as a free secondary additional name on the certs) and not the naked domain?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. santrix

santrix Well-Known Member

Hi Tristan... I'm not sure now you come to ask. I usually just paste the supplied signed cert into the top text box when setting up a new SSL host. As long as the private key, domain, and dedicated IP gets picked up by cpanel automatically, and appears in the boxes below, I just hit the submit button, and don't pay much attention whether the domain is shown with a www in front of it.

Is that the issue? I am submitting the cert using the naked domain, while the cert's primary CN is the www. ?

Thanks

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It might be the issue, if the certificate itself is for www.domain.com and you are installing it onto domain.com instead.

The warnings are not going to cause a major issue as they are informational. So long as the certificate is actually working on both www.domain.com and domain.com without errors in a browser on loading the cert, it should be fine.