Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

certificate trust warnings on pop/imap/smtp over ssl

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by jerrybell, Dec 11, 2007.

1. jerrybell

jerrybell Well-Known Member

I have just set up my first cpanel site that uses a certificate, on a dedicated IP. I also have WHM and root access.

I have a verisign cert that has a ca bundle.

When I go to install the cert, the CA bundle area says that I do not need a ca bundle for this cert. So, I paste in the CA bundle anyway, and save. It installs ok. The web server apparently handles the cert properly, as I have no problem with when I go to the https site.

When I check or send email over ssl using outlook express, I get the error message:
    "A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider."

Any idea how to resolve that?

2. jerrybell

jerrybell Well-Known Member

I found the problem. I had been assuming that the same cert for a website would be used for the other services - pop, imap, etc. But, it doesn't. The issue is that the cert I'm using in whm is the one generated by whm, with an invalid root cert.