The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cgi-bin scriptalias functionality

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brettcave, Jun 24, 2007.

1. brettcave

brettcave Member

Is it possible to toggle the "ScriptAlias /cgi-bin" setting on a per-account basis in WHM?

I have looked through what I think are all options, but have not found an answer, also looked through cpanel and theplanet forums, but no luck.

From what i can tell, creating a new account uses a template from /usr/local/cpanel/etc/templates/apacheX.... and there is a WHM setting in "Basic Setup" that has the following:
    CGI Script Alias
    * Automatically create a cgi-bin script alias. This setting can be individually overridden during account creation.

But if an account is created with the cgi option unchecked, there is no way to edit the account to add the scriptalias option at a later stage - I have tried checking / unchecking the "CGI" option on "Modify an account" and searched through options in cPanel itself (version 11), but cant find anything...

2. brettcave

brettcave Member

or maybe theres a script that i can run to upgrade all of a certain resellers (or all the accounts even) to add the scriptalias to their virtualhost configuration?

3. jrehmer

jrehmer Well-Known Member

I'd recommend opening a support ticket or a bug report in bugzilla.

4. deadlock

deadlock Well-Known Member

The account modification tool adds (and removes) a NoEXEC option to the account in httpd.conf, it should work.

The alternative would be to edit /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf directly, just add or remove the ScriptAlias line from the appropriate account then restart apache.

5. brettcave

brettcave Member

6. nettigritty

nettigritty Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

looks like this bug is still open. is there an easier way to add the ScriptAlias /cgi-bin line back for all domains?