The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED cgi:error when I switch from php56 to php70

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by AndyX, Jan 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AndyX

AndyX Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Currently I have ea_php56 selected and my XenForo forum runs perfectly. But when I switch to ea_php70 there is a problem, image attachments are broken. The error_log shows cgi:error message:

Code:
    [Wed Jan 18 01:47:11.242038 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 6275] [client 50.156.102.222:50093] AH01215:   thrown in Unknown on line 0: /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/ea-php70, referer: http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/154530/

In addition the XenForo server error log shows these type of error messages:

Code:
    Error Info
    ErrorException: Unknown: Detected an illegal character in input string - Unknown:0
    Generated By: hsimpson, Today at 5:55 PM
    Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Unknown: Detect...', 'Unknown', 0, NULL)
    #1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(56) "http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/attachments/506441/"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }

I made sure that all the PHP Extension were the same between php56 and php70.

Checking Google for the error message, it mentions iconv, but iconv is installed on both php56 and php70.

2. AndyX

AndyX Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Problem solved!

I just updated ea-php71 by making sure all the PHP Extensions were the same as in ea-php56 and now the forum attachments work perfectly using ea-php71. I was also able to enable PHP-FPM.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm happy to see the issue is now solved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.