The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cgi not working after migrate to CENTOS system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shortfork, Jun 22, 2013.

1. shortfork

shortfork Well-Known Member

I've migrated cpanel to cpanel in the past and did not have the problem but it was from redhat to redhat systems..

This time I moved from REDHAT Enterprise 5.9 i686 standard – WHM 11.36.1 (build 8)

To.. CENTOS 6.4 x86_64 standard – WHM 11.38.0 (build 18)

I've used a contact form forever that has always worked flawlessly... suddenly, I get the dreded internal server error..

I'm familiar with command line, but not by any stretch an expert.. so be gentle. ;)

I've tried a bunch of stuff unsuccessfully....

HELP!!!!!

TIA!
    Shortz

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you let us know the output in the Apache error log (/usr/local/apache/logs/error_log) when you attempt to access the CGI script from your browser? Also, what permissions are set for this CGI file?

Thank you.

3. shortfork

Code:
    [Sat Jul 06 13:33:07 2013] [error] [client my.ip.add.ress] Can't locate CGI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5) at (eval 3) line 4., referer: http://websiteaddress.com/contact/contact.html
    [Sat Jul 06 13:33:07 2013] [error] [client my.ip.add.ress] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 3) line 4., referer: http://websiteaddress.com/contact/contact.html
    [Sat Jul 06 13:33:07 2013] [error] [client my.ip.add.ress] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at contact.pl line 3269., referer: http://websiteaddress.com/contact/contact.html
    [Sat Jul 06 13:33:07 2013] [error] [client my.ip.add.ress] Premature end of script headers: contact.pl, referer: http://websiteaddress.com/contact/contact.html

I'm guessing that CGI.pm is located somewhere else on Centos system versus RHEL??
    Thanks!

#3 shortfork, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please check the individual CGI/Perl script that is failing and see which Perl installation it's using. EX:

Code:
    head -1 /path/to/script.cgi
    You may need to manually install the Perl module listed in the error message. EX:

Code:
    cpan -i CGI
    Thank you.

5. shortfork

PHP:
    cpan -i CGI
    Wow.. sometimes I feel so dumb.. that just wiped away the problem.. thanks! :p

As an aside.. I've migrated several times in the past, all RHEL cPanel servers.. this is the first time I'd ever had a problem with the script I was running...

Since the migration from RHEL to CENTOS is, likely, to be large due to the fee increases and DC's passing on those fees to dedicated server clients, I think this may be a problem others have.. any way to add this info to a RHEL to CENTOS migration FAQ?

MANY THANKS!

#5 shortfork, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  7. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As of cPanel & WHM software version 11.36 we no longer provide CPAN modules for use with Apache as a default part of the installation. If you needs these modules, then the following command will install them for you:

/scripts/perlinstaller Task::Cpanel::Core

More information is available in the 11.36 release notes: cPanel & WHM 11.36 Release Notes

8. shortfork

Old box was WHM 11.36.1 (build 9) perhaps because I had it so long, the stuff was already there.... anyway... fixed now but, I'd trust that there are going to be others with same issue...

A lot of it will surface next year when legacy support for RHEL price increases kick in and more switch boxes due to the pricing....

Also, the more stuff that requires command line to make work, in my mind, makes cPanel more like some other cp I used to use where ALL updates/fixes were command line.. Maybe I'm just spoiled... :eek:

#8 shortfork, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013