The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CGI / PERL gets blank after 20 minutes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maximiliam, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Maximiliam

Maximiliam Well-Known Member

After upgrading to Apache 1.3.26 we get CGI and PERL errors on our machines. the CGI pages goes blank after a while.. Only way to fix it is to reboot the servers.

We have tons of customers complaining. I have tried to contact support for several days now. But all i got back was an email that requested login information. Nothing has happened since.

This is becoming a real pain. I wish i had never upgraded. And there is no way of going back.

Does anyone have the previous apachebuild.sea for the 1.3.24 version of Apache?

Please, please.. we would like this resolved as quickly as possible. My email is max@add2net.com

2. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

I have a buildapache.sea for Apache/1.3.23 if thats any help?

AS for the perl errors, whats happening in the error_log?

Craig

3. Maximiliam

Maximiliam Well-Known Member

I think it has to do with apache and mod_perl made statically takes up more filedescriptors.

Is there a way this can be increased?

We have about 650 virtual hosts.

The only errors in the error log is

[Fri Jun 21 03:35:42 2002] [error] [client 210.50.218.230] Premature end of script headers:
    [Fri Jun 21 03:36:11 2002] [warn] send body: filedescriptor (1672) larger than FD_SETSIZE (1024)

They seem connected. I have tried to find some information about how to raise the limit, but i have been unsuccessful

Have in mind, everything worked great before we upgraded to 1.3.26

Can you maybe release a buildapache.sea that builds the perl dynamically as before?

4. xzb

xzb Registered

was there any solution to this problem found ?