The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cgi proxy / anonymizers good or bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cazny, Sep 20, 2004.

1. cazny

cazny BANNED

Anyone know if cgi proxies and anonymizers are good to allow on not on a server?

The results I got back on Google search were not informative on the advantages/disadvantages so I am a little confused.

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

No one can answer that question for you because there is no right answer. Are email servers good to allow on a server?

It depends on your needs. Not everyone who uses a proxy or 'anonymizer' is up to no good. Some people simply want to protect their privacy. It is a fact however that people who are 'up to no good' will go looking for new proxies and anonymizers. Based on the types of support matters you have raised on these forums, I am going to say that I do not think that offering these types of services is a good fit for you. I believe the level of expertise needed to safely and securely offer these types of services is beyond your current administrative competence.

If you disagree, then by all means go for it. Just please spare these forums your support questions as they would not really relate to cPanel (even if you were running it on a cPanel server).