The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ericdudley, Aug 3, 2014.

1. ericdudley

ericdudley Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I recently registered a domain from namecheap planning to use free hosting from x10hosting. I setup the nameservers and tried to use an add-on domain with a site I was already hosting on x10, but x10 hosting was not working correctly, so i decided to switch to a different host. I then changed nameservers to byethost, and parked my domain on one of their free domains, everything was working fine, but when i tried visiting the site's main page, I got this cpanel-config-hatasi.jpg . I have flushed my DNS cache, cleared my computer's cache, and it still does not work. However, when I try to visit a sub-domain of my site, the page loads as if there was no problem.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Try pinging the domain name from your local computer to see which IP address it's resolving to. It looks like it might still resolve to another server where it's not configured as a domain name. Otherwise, you may want to contact your hosting provider so they can take a closer look.

Thank you.