The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaging my Nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by PrissiDe, Jan 12, 2008.

1. PrissiDe

PrissiDe Registered

I have ran into a major problem and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am fairly new at all this so please be patient with me. I hired a guy to help me with my website and he talked me into to switching to his server (which uses cpanel) now it has been about 8 months and I have had no contact with him and can not get a hold of him ever. I am wanting to switch my host so that I can add more bandwith and so forth to my website. I am assuming that I would need to change my nameservers in order to this, but how would I do that within cpanel? Can someone please help me as this has became a nightmare.

Thank you:confused:

2. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    I assume you are hosting your website under that guy's server and now want to host your website under a different server?

If so, what you need to do is to change the Primary and Secondary nameservers of your domain. And you should do this under the control panel of the domain registrar - NOT under cPanel or any control panel of your old/new hosting ISP.

When you registered your domain name, the registrar should provide you with a URL to their control panel. You should also have the login info. So go there and update the nameservers. For example:

Replace
    ns1.theoldserver.com
    ns2.theoldserver.com

To
    ns1.thenewserver.com
    ns2.thenewserver.com

3. PrissiDe

PrissiDe Registered

Thank you so very much!:)