The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chance of better FTP controls?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maximiliam, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Maximiliam

Maximiliam Well-Known Member

Is there a chance cpanel could develop better ftp controls for users, so you acutally can set permissions on directories for specific users instead of no controls what so ever.

Only way as i know it now when you create an account for a ftp user, they only have access to their own directory.

Also anonymous ftp doesent work so good on virtual domains (servers that only has one ip)

instead of anonymous@domain.com there should be another characther for the @ or else you cannot make a direct link to a ftp file on your public html page. As the @ sign interfears... i manually changed the scripts to also add _ that way it will work

ftp://anonymous@domain.com:password@domain.com does not work, but

ftp://anonymous_domain.com:password@domain.com does

2. Maximiliam

Maximiliam Well-Known Member

3. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

[quote:1bca49a126][i:1bca49a126]Originally posted by Maximiliam[/i:1bca49a126]

Is there a chance cpanel could develop better ftp controls for users, so you acutally can set permissions on directories for specific users instead of no controls what so ever.

Only way as i know it now when you create an account for a ftp user, they only have access to their own directory.

Also anonymous ftp doesent work so good on virtual domains (servers that only has one ip)

instead of anonymous@domain.com there should be another characther for the @ or else you cannot make a direct link to a ftp file on your public html page. As the @ sign interfears... i manually changed the scripts to also add _ that way it will work

ftp://anonymous@domain.com:password@domain.com does not work, but

ftp://anonymous_domain.com:password@domain.com does[/quote:1bca49a126]

You can submit a feature request for this at www.cpanel.net/bugzilla. Also you can use chown to give permission on folders for the mean-time.