The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Apache with Nginx ?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Bidi, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Bidi

Bidi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hy there, like everyone says nginx is more faster then apache with i dont know because i never used nginx.

What i whant to do is change apache to nginx the problem is with i dont know it how to do it :) maybe if o look on google i fiind the solution but the problem is on my dedicated server i got like 50 cpanel accounts ( cusstomers ) and i didn make nothink because i whant to be sure nothink bad happens with my cusstomers website.

Is it safe ?
    Where can i fiind a right tutorial ?

Tnx guys :)

2. fabin

fabin Active Member

Nginx is a good solution for a server when static pages are mostly served. It will improve performance.

If you do not have much technical knowledge to deal with the installation and troubleshooting, it will better to look at some of the nginx plugin available for cPanel.

3. Bidi

Bidi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    For nginx plugins for cpanel i have to pay like 10$ / mo for what ? The only think is to see a tutorial or sompting to replace apache with nginx and to know if it will affect the old accounts witch was working on apache.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Keep in mind that while it's acceptable to use a third-party application such as Nginx in place of Apache, remember that cPanel can only provide official support with Apache. We will ask that you disable Nginx and enable Apache if you open a support ticket for an issue related to the web server.

Thank you.