Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Change CPanel/MySQL password for user at the same time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by monks, Mar 15, 2006.

1. monks

monks Registered

This is my first post.

I´ve done som searching and couldn´t find what i was looking for.
    Currently I´v got at php page in my customers cpanel that let them change their cpanel password. The php page does that with this function:

PHP:
    function changepass ($host,$user,$accesshash,$usessl,$acctpass,$acctuser) {

$result whmreq("/scripts/passwd?remote=1&nohtml=1&password=${acctpass}&domain=${acctuser}&user=${acctuser}&submit-domain=Change%0D%0A++++++Password",$host,$user,$accesshash,$usessl);
        if (
    $cpanelaccterr != "") { return; }
        return 
    $result;
    }
    The reaseon I don´t want them to change their password via the original cpanel password page is that I want to update another DB thats located on another server with some information whenever a user change the password.

I don´t want the user to be able to create or delete their databases och db-user so before I give a user their login/pass i set this up.

eg.
    cpanel username: tester
    cpanel password: whatever

mysql db: tester_tester
    mysql user: tester_tester
    mysql password: whatever

so here comes my question.
    Is it possible to change the password for the mysqluser with a script like the one to change the cpanel password, so whenever a user change their cpanel password the mysql password also changes to the new password.

2. monks

monks Registered

Nevermind.
    I figured out how to do it.