Gastón

PartnerNOC
May 5, 2016
Argentina
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello, I tried searching but I cannont find how to do this:

1. Change the default SPF record +a +mx +ip4:<server IP> ~all
I tried to modify the $string variable in /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SPF.pm but it didnt work.

Thank you for your help
Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

Elizabeta

Mar 21, 2018
Mostar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @Elizabeta,

We don't currently provide a way to modify the default SPF record. Is there a specific reason the default record isn't suitable? Note that a workaround is discussed on the corresponding feature request in the following comment:

Configurable SPF default template + automatically include assigned IP to SPF (not just main shared IP)

Additionally, I encourage you to vote and add feedback to the feature request linked in my previous response.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer.

We use Smart Host in Exim (Cisco ESA Apliance for AntiSpam and AntiVirus scanning) so we should add that IP in SPF record.

BR,
Elizabeta

Reactions: cPanelMichael

cPAusaf

Linux Technical Analyst III
Staff member
Aug 24, 2016
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In cPanel version 78 we added the following two features to WHM > Service Configuration > Exim Configuration Manager > Mail:

Autodiscovery SPF include hosts from the smarthost route list — This option allows the system to check the smarthost route list labels for SPF entries and add an include entry to the SPF records. This setting defaults to On.

SPF include hosts for all domains on this system — This option allows you to enter hosts that the system will add as SPF include entries for all SPF enabled-domains. This setting defaults to None.