Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Change e-mail password via shell

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Dante78, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Dante78

Dante78 Well-Known Member

Hello

My cpanel licensee of the VPS has expired and i have a change the password to an email adress. How can i do that in SH?

Cheers

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Friendly moderator note

You originally posted this question as a response to a thread that is over four years old. I moved this post to its own thread since information in such an old thread is not likely to be relevant. This is the original thread:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/can-we-change-email-username-password-outside-cpanel-59083.html

There is no script to do this directly via the shell, but you can change the password for an e-mail account using the Email::passwdpop API2 function. This function is documented here:

ApiEmail < ApiDocs/Api2 < TWiki

If you are not familiar with our API, I recommend the following section of our documentation:

WebHome < ApiDocs < TWiki

Also, more information about cPanel from the development perspective is available here:

Developer Resources

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 cPanelJared, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010