Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Change eximstats_spam_check in crontab

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ruiz, Jul 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ruiz

ruiz Active Member

Hello,
    I want to change the amount of time cpanel runs eximstats_spam_check in crontab from every 15 minutes to something like every 5 or 2 minutes. Can i just change it in crontab? Or will it be overwritten by cpanel?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @ruiz,

You can modify the times at which the cron job runs, but it's not recommended and may not make a difference due to the limits configured in the script itself:

Is there a specific concern you are attempting to address by increasing the frequency at which the cron runs?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ruiz

ruiz Active Member

Yes! I'm using this e-mail to trigger a account suspension via API. However, since it is triggered only every 15 minutes, most of times the user had already sent the domain limit of e-mails. I want to suspend the account as soon as possible.

By the way, that "account suspension when spam is detected" would be a nice addition to a future version of cPanel.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

One alternative to consider for this purpose is to enable a limit on the maximum number of emails sent per hour. We document how to do this at:

How to Set Email Send Limits - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

This would help limit the total number of SPAM emails sent until the eximstats_spam_check cron job runs and suspends the email user.

I encourage you to submit a feature request if you'd like to see a native way to do this in the product (as opposed to using our API):

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...