The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change existing account's DNS to use my server's DNS after account creation

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by gerk, Mar 5, 2009.

1. gerk

gerk Registered

Jun 18, 2007
    Hi everyone

Hoping you can help here, it's quite urgent and I couldn't find anything via search that was helpful to me.

I made a new account on my WHM setup and at the bottom of the window I chose the setting to ignore the local DNS and use the registrants DNS server -- now after spending days copying files to this account and setting up I realized that I need it to use my domain servers (and not the registrants) and I can't figure out how to change this.

Is it possible to make this type of change without setting up a new account? It would be painful to have to redo all of this within another user account (there is almost 80 gigs of data alone).

Help! We have already made the DNS server changes at the registrant and people are awaiting this to work, whoops!
  2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2004
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Go to the domains registrar and make sure the domain is using your name servers.
    Then go to WHM>>>DNS Functions>>>>Edit DNS Zone and set the domain to use your name servers. Changes can take several hours to take affect depending on the registrar, Country etc.