The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change from add-on domain move to other account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iamnewbies, Jun 30, 2006.

1. iamnewbies

iamnewbies Registered

Hi, I am using cpanel hosting

and I have 5 domain add-on on my base hosting

so, can I tell admin of server (owener) to change from my add-on domain to other account

I mean

I have my 1 base hosting account with myweb1.com

and options give for add more 5 domain in my cpanel account by add-on domain feature

so, I use add 5 domain and 1 of 5 domain I would lke to move to new one base account

can cpanel system can do this ?

2. Cygnus_X1

Cygnus_X1 Active Member

There's no specific function for moving a domain and its associated web files from one account to another in cpanel/WHM. When you open a new account with your website, you can use a temporary domain name or subdomain name as your primary domain for that new account. You can copy your domain's webfiles from your old account down to your pc, then upload them to your new account. Then you remove the domain from your add-on domains feature in your cpanel. Then you will need to ask your webhost to change your primary domain for you on your new account to the domain your're wanting to move. You can ask your webhost specifically if they do something a little different than the method I mentioned above. This is just the typical method I have used for moving domains to new accounts.

3. ShockHosts

ShockHosts Well-Known Member

If you need help in the future, please explain your issues with better english.

4. electric

electric Well-Known Member

Oh, come on... :rolleyes:

He is trying to convert an add-on domain to a regular cpanel account.

The answer is that it can not be done.

Sorry.

5. ianmarie

ianmarie Well-Known Member

And I reckon it's a good question.

So - can copy over the http stuff / mysql etc without any problem, but just trying to figure out how to / which files need to be rejigged for transitioning mail without having to manually set up email account etc again.

Any ideas anyone?