The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change from Fedora Core 2 to CentOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fizz, Jan 28, 2005.

1. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

After all the talks on the forums, I would like to ditch Fedora, and go with CentOS as this seems to be the preferred choice of OS among most of the people on this forum.

My question is this; What would be the best method for moving all clients, databases, and data, as well as cPanel settings to a new OS (Same Machine). Should i put a second drive in it, and then install the new OS and just move everything back into place, or would it be better to build a second server and use the cPanel account migration feature? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Either on the same server with an newly booted OS+cPanel installed or a new server, first create a Full cPanel Backup and copy that to a safe disk/new server. On the new disk/server set up as before and then restore your user accounts from backup.

Alternatively, follow the procedure that DigitalN just posted in this thread:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=35046