The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change FTP path after account creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trucmuche, Feb 8, 2015.

1. trucmuche

trucmuche Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I have a FTP account created in my Cpanel account and it works perfectly. However, I would like to change the path of this FTP account. I didn't find where I could change the path of an existing FTP account without deleting it and re-creating it with the correct path.

Is that possible somewhere ? (from account level in CPanel or from VPS level in WHM)

Thank you very much for your help !!

Trucmuche

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It's not possible to change FTP account paths through cPanel or WHM. The best way to make the change is to delete and recreate the FTP account. Note that deleting FTP accounts does not delete the directory it's granted access to as long as you choose "Delete Account" instead of "Delete Account And Files".

Thank you.

3. trucmuche

trucmuche Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Ok thank you. I think that would be an interesting feature because :
    1) some clients asked me to change the path of their FTP account. But as I don't have their password for this account, I have to put a different password myself and they have to reconfigure their FTP software... quite complicated for "basic users".
    2) and the deleting & creation procedure is quite complicated too for those "basic users", for such a simple operation...

In particular, as I migrated all accounts from Direct Admin to CPanel, all FTP paths are now incorrect and I have to delete & recreate FTP accounts for all of my clients... argh :-(

Wouldn't it be possible to imagine putting an option "change ftp path" in some next version of WHM/CPanel ?

Thanks again,

Trucmuche

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Feel free to submit a feature request for this via:

Submit A Feature Request

This should not happen if you use our transfer tools to migrate the accounts. Please open a bug report for this via:

Submit A Bug Report

Thank you.