Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Change Hostname for domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Undying, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Undying

Undying Registered

Hello Dears,

I have a question regarding emails for accounts.

Let's say that :
    1- Server name : server.google.tld
    2- Server is using SSL for all of the services (cPanel, Mail ... etc ) : (server.google.tld,server.google.tld,www.server.google.tld)
    3- I have a client ( msn.tld)

When my client is trying to add his email account ( info@msn.tld ) to Mail or Outlook .. he must connect to server.google.com not to mail.msn.tld.
    And if he connected to mail.msn.tld he will get an error saying that the ceritificate mismatch (
    Server returned error: "SSL error: ok certificate hostname mismatch Valid hostnames: server.google.tld,server.google.tld,www.server.google.tld" )

Is there a way to use the SSL provided to every domain on his own emails ?

I mean if : msn.tld tried to connect to an email .. they will get the certificate for mail.msn.tld
    If another client : facebook.tld connect to email ... they will get the certificate for mail.facebook.tld

What i'm trying to avoid is to ask from all of the clients to change thier POP/IMAP server to : server.google.tld

what is your suggestions/recommendations ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

All the best

2. cPanelChrisI

cPanelChrisI Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello!

You should just need to install a valid SSL for the domain that you are trying to connect to from the email client, which should be set up for SNI automatically by cPanel. if you don't want to purchase an SSL for each domain, you can use AutoSSL to add those for free. You can find more information about both SNI and AutoSSL on these pages.

SSL FAQ and Troubleshooting - Documentation - cPanel Documentation
    What is Domain TLS - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Mail SNI is also always enabled as of cPanel 60, so you shouldn't need to do any configuration there.

60 Release Notes - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thanks!