Change log for cPanel versions

netlook

Mar 25, 2004
Hello,

is there any updated change log for cPanel new versions?

In layer2.cpanel.net there is outdated changelog...

Thanks

jcsolutions

Nov 4, 2002
Canada
The changelog is ridiculous. Why even have it if it's not used as it should be?

The last recorded update to the STABLE build was May 2, 2005!
The last recorded update to the RELEASE build was Sep 23, 2005!
The last recorded update to the CURRENT build was Aug 16, 2005!

Am I missing something here?? If it's commonly accepted that EDGE and BETA are not for production environments, then why are they the only ones getting changelog updates?

Now, I know I can go to layer2.cpanel.net to see IF an upgrade is available, but I don't like to upgrade unless I know WHAT is going to change.

I say either use the changelog properly or get rid of it completely.

jcsolutions

Nov 4, 2002
Canada
I've read through that thread (and I still don't fully understand the how the build versions work, but that's beside the point). It doesn't explain why the changelog isn't updated when a new release of a build is made available.

The most confusing thing I found that supposedly explains the changelog is this:

when someone using the STABLE tree notices there's a new build on that tree, they need to work back through all the changelog entries for EDGE to try to work out what's new in the latest STABLE, but also take into account that some of the EDGE changes may only have made to it CURRENT or RELEASE at that point.
If that's now it works, cpanel staff needs a kick in the head to shake loose some of the marbles rattling around up there. :D