The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change mail exchanger to "automatic" by default

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rhm.geerts, Oct 29, 2010.

1. rhm.geerts

rhm.geerts Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When creating a new account, always "local mail exchanger" is selected by default.

Is there a way to change this so "automatic selection" is selected by default? Maybe by adjusting some template?
    We got Cpanel 11.26.20.

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    local is default

"local" is the default selection for all new accounts. You can change the default by editing a template file. For 11.26, edit less /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/x/templates/createacct.tmpl. For 11.28, edit /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/templates/createacct.tmpl. Note that the file is in a different location in the two versions, and 11.28 uses TemplateToolkit for this template. If you are currently using 11.26, you may want to wait until updating to 11.28 before making this change.

In the template, you will find this:

Code:
                            <div class="label_wraps">                <!-- this option is preselceted for historical compatibility -->
                                    <input checked="checked" type="radio" name="mxcheck" id="mxcheck_local" value="local" /> <label for="mxcheck_l
    ocal" class="label_txt" id="mxcheck_local_label">Local Mail Exchanger</label> <span class="action_link" onclick="CPANEL.util.toggle_more_less(
    this, 'mxcheck_local_desc');">more &raquo;</span><br />
                                    <div id="mxcheck_local_desc" style="display: none"><p class="highlight-accordian-desc"><em>[% locale.maketext(
    'MX_local_exchanger_desc') %]</em></p></div>
                            </div>
                            <div class="label_wraps">
                                    <input type="radio" name="mxcheck" id="mxcheck_secondary" value="secondary" /> <label for="mxcheck_secondary" 
    class="label_txt" id="mxcheck_secondary_label">Backup Mail Exchanger</label> <span class="action_link" onclick="CPANEL.util.toggle_more_less(t
    his, 'mxcheck_secondary_desc');">more &raquo;</span><br />
                                    <div id="mxcheck_secondary_desc" style="display: none"><p class="highlight-accordian-desc"><em>[% locale.maket
    ext('MX_backup_exchanger_desc') %]</em></p></div>
                            </div>
                            <div class="label_wraps">
                                    <input type="radio" name="mxcheck" id="mxcheck_remote" value="remote" /> <label class="label_txt" for="mxcheck
    _remote" id="mxcheck_remote_label">Remote Mail Exchanger</label> <span class="action_link" onclick="CPANEL.util.toggle_more_less(this, 'mxcheck_remote_desc');">more &raquo;</span><br />
                                    <div id="mxcheck_remote_desc" style="display: none"><p class="highlight-accordian-desc"><em>[% locale.maketext('MX_remote_exchanger_desc') %]</em></p></div>
                            </div>   
    Move only this:

Code:
    checked="checked"
    from the line containing this:

Code:
    id="mxcheck_local" value="local"
    to the line containing this:

Code:
    id="mxcheck_auto_label"
    Since this involves editing the theme, in order to keep the changes from being overwritten when cPanel updates, you should first clone the theme using Main >> Themes >> Universal Theme Manager, then edit the cloned theme, instead of directly editing the WHM X theme.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

3. rhm.geerts

rhm.geerts Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That's great, thank you very much for the quick support.

However, if .28 is coming soon, I guess I will take your advise and wait until it's upgraded. Thank you!

4. Vanse

Vanse Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: local is default

Where is the template file in v.11.30.6,

I and is the edits required the same?

Or is there a new way to accomplish this in the newer version?

Thank you,
    Andrew

5. inbloombr

inbloombr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: local is default

Is there any way to set the default route, not only in template file?

I use whmcs account api creation with zone template in whm for Gapps.

so this template configuration don't affect my new accounts.