The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change main cPanel/WHM IP, change main shared IP and the IP address of all accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sumi21kav, Jun 2, 2013.

1. sumi21kav

sumi21kav Member

HI,

I`m forced to change the VPS main IP and i will need to change the main shared IP too. Additional i will need to change the IP address currently hosted accounts are using. SO generally total IP change with no downtime!

I did find that the main shared can be changed in WHM under Basic cpanel/WHM setup.
    I try to change the IP on multiple accounts using 'Change Multiple Sites' IP address' but when the change is made those websites are redirected to the Default Website page for cPanel and the clients is experiencing downtime until the DNS from his IP refresh.

Third i find 'IP Migration Wizard' option which looks like the right choice but it says that when the process will start i can`t be reversed in the next 48h.

So my first question is are in that time the websites will be down ? And is this the right solution for my issue ?

Thans

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's normal for there to be a slight propagation period when you change the IP address of the account. Typically, this can be resolved by clearing the DNS cache on the computer of the end-user:

Clear your DNS Cache

You will be able to change the IP address of the account if necessary. The 48-hour warning is propagation time rather than a time limit for IP changes made in WHM.

Thank you.