The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change main IP address

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luci2200, Mar 5, 2008.

1. luci2200

luci2200 Member

Hello, I got a cPanlel demo, and I want to change the main IP address because the administrator who installed the server made a few wrong settings. Is this possible? And I have a other question: on the main address how can I enable only named based hosting? All the resellers have the same share IP address. I will continue to look for informations to solve those problems. Thank you!

Lucian .

2. Arhineus

Arhineus Well-Known Member

To change the IP of your server: WHM -> Server Configuration -> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup.

I don't quite understand your second question...sorry.

3. luci2200

luci2200 Member

Thank you for your response. Regarding my second question: I want to have one IP address to host all the web sites on the server. Basically I need only one IP address for all the resellers use the same IP address for their web sites. If I want a DNS server running on the server I think I need additional IP for the nameserver. The second question was: Can I have one IP to host all my resellers websites? Than you once again for your response! I will try to change the IP address right now!

Lucian

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Name Based virtual hosting is the default when creating an account.

5. luci2200

luci2200 Member

Thank for your answers! I had to solve a few problems fast for the company I work because they want to buy this software. Today I had time to read the documentations from cPanel web site and I find answers for my questions. Now I need to figure how to configure a DNS server on the same server and how can I do this so when a reseller add a domain to his account the cPanel make the entries to the DNS server. I know this is possible because I use cPanel for a domain of mine, but I need to find how can I do this. Once again thank you for your support!

Best Regards,
    Lucian Rusu