The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change of all IPs on the server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pguy, Jul 12, 2003.

1. pguy

pguy Well-Known Member

Hello Folks,

I need as much information on this before I can proceed. The datacenter I am in has suddenly decided to renumber its IPs and issue from a fresh block.

I have around a 100 IPs on my server and they are shared by resellers. Each of them have their set of IP addresses for their namservers and all the accounts they create happen on the base server of the server.

Now the DC has issues me fresh IPs for all of them. I have quite a few doubts. Hopefully you'll answer em and help me in making it a smooth transition.

1) If we change the base IP, do we need to make individual changes to the DNS of the hundreds of accounts which use the base IP in their DNS ?

2) Since all the resold accounts use the nameservers of the resellers. What would be the best procedure to handle this ?

3) The DC says the IPs will be kept live for a month or so. But can a website resolve to 2 IPs ? ( the old and new one )

4) I frankly don't know what I am missing ... help me out.

Cheers,

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. pguy

pguy Well-Known Member

I've found a way to renumber all IPs and named configuration. But I need help on issues I might not have considered before.

Can you folks tell me a way I can absolutely reduce downtime to the barest minimum.

Warm Regards,

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: