The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change of Email Address

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by websoftbiz, Jul 25, 2008.

1. websoftbiz

websoftbiz Member

Hi,
    When people sign up on the website they get an email from Admin saying your user name and password are this. By mistake i have put the wrong email address and now i can't remember from where to modify that email address. I need to correct that email address. Also i would like to add customise message or contents to that email when client sign up in the website and also when you forget password and when we sent new password. Where can i change that email address and add customise text?

Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks.

2. chandro

chandro Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    are you using whm and cpanel???

in whm list accounts you see the domain, user, email, space, partition and owner.

if are you using another thing, please post.

see ya

3. websoftbiz

websoftbiz Member

Hi,
    thanks for your response. i have been using Whm and Able Soft Cpanle. In Why its says admin@websitename.com. seems like i have to change somewhere else too..i have already changed there but still when i signup for new account i get email from wrong email address..saying this is your username and password.. so must be somewhere in cpanel or theme or somewhere else...

Thanks.

4. websoftbiz

websoftbiz Member

Change of Email Address...

Hi,

When people sign up on the website they get an email from Admin saying your user name and password are this. Right now its like test@website.com. i had put that that test email while setting up account and now i can't remember from where to modify that email address and pur the real email address. I need to correct that email address before launch. Also i would like to add customise message or contents to that email when client sign up in the website and also when you forget password and when we sent new password. Where can i change that email address and add customise text?

I use both WHM and CPanel. In WHM i have made changes but still when customer sign up they receive email from test@website.com.

Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks.

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    cPanel does not send the end user any email about a new account. You must be using some sort of billing software that does this. If yes, the answer you seek is there.

6. websoftbiz

websoftbiz Member

Hi,

No nothing there. Right now its free website. even if someone forget password and send request for new password then an automatic email from that old account is going to client with new user if and password.

so must be somewhere some sort of setting to change that email...

Thanks

7. websoftbiz

websoftbiz Member

Hi,

Thanks for your response. But this can't be browser issue. since its coming from internal system. so must be some sort of setting. I am talking about an email address that goes when someone first time sign up in the website and system admin sent an email saying here is your user id and password. In this i am not sending manually. its generated automatically when customer first time sign up in the website. Here www.keepitinthecloset.com. so if sign up you will receive email from us saying here is your user id and password. I would like to change that email address. I don't believe its related to any broswer cookies or memory. its just some setting in server.

Also i have been using x3 theme.

Thanks