The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change parked domain to main domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SonServers, Dec 28, 2004.

1. SonServers

SonServers Well-Known Member

I've got an account "main.com" with a parked domain "parked.com".

The user now wants to let "main.com" expire and just use "parked.com" as their only domain.

I'm wondering what is the best way to do this. Of course the WHM modify account tool won't let me change "main.com" to "parked.com" because "parked.com" is already set up. So, I would assume that I should unpark "parked.com" and then use WHM modify to change "main.com" to "parked.com".

Before I do that, I'm worried about their email. They have all of their email accounts (about 15) set up under "parked.com" now. If I unpark "parked.com" first, what will happen to those email accounts on the parked domain?

I thought I'd just do it manually and edit their entry in httpd.conf and zone file. In httpd.conf, I removed the aliases to "parked.com" and changed the "main.com" references to "parked.com". After that, I looked to see how WHM was listing the account and it was not listed under either domain. If I do it manually, is there a way to make WHM list the account again but under the "parked.com" domain?

So, I'm looking for suggestions on how to change "parked.com" to "main.com" without losing their "parked.com" email.

Ideas?

Thanks.

2. SonServers

SonServers Well-Known Member

I'm getting closer to needing to do this . . . .

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to do this without losing the client's email accounts?

3. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    No way to do this easily. Sorry to be the one to tell you.