The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change password loop after upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew_H, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Andrew_H

Andrew_H Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi all, Our cPanel just auto updated to 54.0 build 19. Since then (possibly coincidentally) I changed a clients password and went to log in to their account to verify the password and it prompts me to have to change password (Password expiry is not enabled).

I change the password and go to log back in (works with new password) but then it tells me that the password has expired still. It's in a loop. Unable to get to any other screens because of this.

I tried googling and searching the forums but can not find anything related to this problem.

Is there any way to specifically disable the 'change password at next logon flag'? Is this a bug with the upgrade?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you have root access to this system? If so, please open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.